The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

B.O.M.B.


Born on the island of Haiti , and trained for life everywhere from Baltimore , to N.Y.C , to Columbus Ohio. At a very young age Bomb had a great passion for all kinds of music from pop, to rock , to hip hop.
Bomb picked up the mic at age 13 but it was all in fun, it didn't become serious until the age of 17. By then his influences were greats like Ice Cube, 2pac Shakur, and Biggie Smalls. Since then Bomb has been signed to Fortress Ent./ Nervous records under JayZ famed producer Charlemagne, Then signed a deal with Independent Charm City Records until finally deciding to start his own company "M.I.B Ent.".
Bomb has sinced released 2 mixtapes, and 1 E.P. Including the hit single "LEAN" which rode the Billboard charts for 5 weeks peaking at number 9, and has performed over 200 shows in two years everywhere from Boston to Atlanta . In 2010 Bomb is "plotting on taking over the world" as he loves to say. With his M.I.B Ent. on track and set to release 4 mixtape style c.d's , 1 full length c.d. , 1 double c.d. and 2 dvd's, all you'll get from Bomb is " It's good to be busy doing what you love " .
Bomb is the complete package. His word play and many flows are Genius, his persona (swagger) is as street as they come, women love him, he loves the stage, his business is just that and it doesn't hurt that he makes hit after hit....

Now that is B.O.M.B's bio that is on his Reverbnation page. http://www.reverbnation.com/#/datboybomb

This is the man as I have come to know him. Bundles On My Block

In July 2006, I received a message from an artist on Myspace. You know the usual come listen to my music. That was how independent artists try and get fans. So I had been hit up by many people all over the US and so I said ok let me go and listen. There were 4 songs on the playlist. At that time that is all they would allow you to post. Usually when I would listen to someone's playlist I would like 1 or maybe even 2 songs but never all 4. As I'm listening to his music, I'm realizing that I really like all 4 songs on there. I hit him back telling him so and added him onto my MySpace.

In January 2007, I met him face to face at his FYE store tour that he was doing. He was going to the FYE stores and promoting his song Lean. Selling it for $2 through FYE and actually meeting people and building a fan base. Through that tour, B.O.M.B. got his spot on the Billboard Music Chart. Debuting at 91 March 17, 2007. It finally peaked at #9 on the Single Sales Chart and was on a total of 3 Billboard chart listings. All of this without the help of local airplay.

Over that year, I kept in contact with him and his music. I went to another in store at Security Square Mall to show my support and took a few pictures of him meeting fans. This was the beginning. I never got to see him perform until I attended the Sonny Brown Benefit show at the Turntable Club in January 2008. This was actually the first time of attending anything in the Baltimore Scene. To see him on the stage and watching the crowd, who I came to realize was like 90% local artists, I felt like I was watching someone in the industry.

Over the years that have followed I attended shows, showing my support and love of his music. Because of that support I had gone to Brooklyn, NY and Manhattan, NY to watch B.O.M.B. perform and win crowds over. I have been to shows in the DMV to see him perform.

Now it has been 4 years since that first internet message and my love and support has grown for B.O.M.B.. It has moved from more than a fan. I am a supporter. I am a secretary. I am advisor. I am a friend. I am family. And that's just fine with me. He knows I'm going to be truthful when it comes to opinions on his music and I'm going to support him the best way I can.

On May 7, 2010, B.O.M.B. got a write up in The Source Magazine. http://www.thesource.com/articles/14360/Bomb/306/S.I.H.H.N In that article he says that he is "plotting on taking over the world". Well personally I can't wait. I have gotten to hear a few of his new music. On his Revernation page you can hear a couple of new tracks that he is sharing with the world. So go give him a listen and I hope that you enjoy his music as much as I do.





No comments: