The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Friday, November 9, 2012

The 6th Annual Baltimore Crown Awards


The 6th Annual Baltimore Crown

On November 3, 2012 Baltimore came out for the 6th year in a row to support one another and as it has been stated numerous times it was like a family reunion!  Seeing "family members" that you haven't seen since last year or meeting new "family members", introducing the new with the old!  



I have had the privilege of being apart of these awards since 2009. I have received Special Appreciation  and Special Contribution awards and last year I was awarded Photographer of the Year.  This year I received Special Appreciation once again! Yayyyy me!!  LOL  Every year the numbers of people who come out grow and this year new categories were added!!

Now these awards are to honor everyone but of course you get those who get mad they weren't nominated or they didn't win and of course they get online and talk major shit.  SIGHHHH  Most of all they just don't realize that if you don't toot your own horn how is anyone suppose to know what you are doing?  This city is so big with rappers, singers, emcees that people forget that not everyone knows who you are and most of all alot of you don't travel in the same circles.  I can't tell you how many people have come up to me in the past 5 years and as me oh you don't know who I am??  No I don't.  Just like most people don't know the artists I know.  When it comes to the Crown nominations, it comes from you or someone nominating you with reasons why you should be considered for the awards!  Not that difficult!!  I have heard so many times rappers saying oh I had the hardest mixtape this year.  Really??  When did it come out??  How many physical copies you sell?  How many downloads you have??  I have you been pushing it since it came out??  I'm just asking!
































The Cypher
















Back to the awards!






Photo Shoot in the middle of the show!! LOL


















Well anyway, I love the atmosphere of the Crown!  Chin Yer always mixes the "veterans" with the new and the awards are more than just hip hop.  It's spoken word and dance also.  It's recognizing media, businesses, the battle rappers, and legends!  When the night was over I couldn't wait until we are all sitting there next year!!  I heard and seen people on Facebook saying next year they were going to win an award.  

For a complete list of winners you can go to the following link and if you haven't already click like on the Baltimore Scene Facebook page!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.481904405187490.117707.252844041426862&type=1

If you didn't attend this year make sure you attend next year!  If I tried to write everything that I seen this blog would be long as hell!!  Just know that it is our music and art scene's equivalent of the industry music awards.  Being nominated should feel just as good as if you win.  And whether you win or not or if you are nominated or not shouldn't cause you to be mad.   I didn't win Photographer of the Year and I wasn't even mad.  For one, I won last year and I know what I contribute to the scene and two my favorite photographer and a great guy won....J5!!  If I had to "lose" to anyone I'm glad it was him!!

So will I be seeing you all next year at the 7th Annual Baltimore Crown Awards???  I sure hope so!  If you are looking for me, I will be right up front with my camera in hand to capture the moments for those who can't be there!!

So congratulations to all the winners!!!  Congratulation to all the nominees!!!  Congratulations to everyone that came out to show love and support for this event!!

Congratulations again to Skarr Akbar for winning the beat battle even though he only had one other producer step up against him!!  Shout out to  Mr Spaz to not being scared to compete with Skarr!  LOL

Well enjoy the pictures!!  All of them can be found on my Facebook page!!

www.facebook.com/liezel127

Oh and the picture of me was taken by Mr Skarr Akbar as well!!  LOL



No comments: