The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Monday, April 1, 2019

The Passing of Nipsey Hussle


Nipsey Hussle



On March 31, 2019, the news broke of the murder of Nipsey Hussle. Fans, comedians, actors, athletes, music artists, just about everyone was posting their condolences and sadness of losing not only a rapper but a father, a son, a partner to actress Lauren London, an entrepreneur, a man who was trying to empower the community he grew up in as well as educate and help people everywhere.

I personally am not a per say fan,  I can't recite lyrics or tell you what song is play of his or the like.  I can say that I am a fan of the man himself.  I heard of him a few years ago through other people and other artists that I am a fan of and in the passing years became aware of the man who was very knowledgeable of the things he had done in his past and was now trying to help the community he grew up in as well as trying to help those growing up to not have to struggle as he had to in his youth.  I did however have his friend and artist J Stone on my radio show last year.  We talked a little about Nipsey during the interview.  I can't even imagine what he is going through right now.

I watched an interview of him and he was young talking about investing and buying real estate and things that you usually don't hear a "gang member" talking about.  He knew that all the cars and diamonds and jewelry were just things.  Every time I heard him talk about anything, it was giving knowledge and whether one person or multiple people got the message, the message was given,

I have seen multiple people on my timeline on Facebook who are effected by the loss of Nipsey Hussle and those who just can't seem to understand how they are effected because they didn't "know" him.  The only way I can explain it to them is this....through Nipsey Hussle's music people felt his spirit.  Just like with Tupac and Biggie, through music you can feel like you know that person, you can relate to that person.  Music is life....I have always said this.  Just like those of you who watch Love and Hip Hop or Real Housewives of whatever or those Kardashian....and become so invested in their lives and talking about what they do....people who are fans of Nipsey Hussle feel like they knew the man.

I hate when someone is judgmental about the way someone feels.  I seen so many people commenting negatively when all they had to do was not say anything.  Let that person grieve because that is what they are doing.  Grieving for a man, a father, an entrepreneur, an artist, a rapper, a member of his community, a business man and yes even a gang banger as he has been called.  But more importantly he gave music and lyrics to those who couldn't express how they felt or couldn't explain what they were going through.  If you as a person can't understand that, then say that.  Ask someone, hey....how can you feel so much for a man you never met or knew personally?  I mean that is if you really wanted to know.  Maybe you just wanted to be a true dickhead and think you are funny when you clearly are not.

I felt like I had to write this blog today.  I haven't written in so long.  I need to start again.  I have so much to say.  And I say things to get people to think about they opposite side of things.  Call me a devils advocate if you must.  I like to look at all sides and get people to open their minds to the bigger picture.

The world lost a really great man who will be compared to other great men.  Biggie, Tupac, Malcolm, Martin, any figure in the world who was about knowledge and empowering their people, communities and opening the eyes of the world.  I would say that Nipsey Hussle is in that class of men.

So to all my friends, fans and family of Ermias Davidson Asghedom aka Nipsey Hussle I am deeply sorry for your loss.


Yours Truly,



No comments: