The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tay Land Promotions aka Tay Tay


I wanted to do something different in a way!  Instead of doing a bio of an artist or group or a review of someone's cd, I wanted to give a special thanks to someone who since day one of meeting her has been a really caring person.

If you don't know who that is in the picture with me then you need to get to know her!!  Her name is Tay Tay and she is a promoter here in the Baltimore scene.  She puts on shows at Sonar and at Club Reality where she is also a bartender!  I met Tay through B.O.M.B. and Shy Lady Heroin when she was throwing shows and bar tending at Penguins.   She seemed really friendly and I soon seen that she was funny.  Tay isn't from Baltimore but you really couldn't tell it because of all the love she has shown for the local artists.

As time moved forward, she started throwing shows at Bedrock.  Her shows seemed to consist of known acts as well as people I had never heard of as well!  She seemed to be giving a shot to everyone who wanted to do a show!  Regardless of if they were wack or not.  I have became familiar with a few artists through Tay Tay!

When my camera broke Tay was like the 4th person to suggest taking up a collection to help buy me a new camera.  The reasoning was that I have taken pictures for free of just about every artists, rapper and wanna be since 2008.  Now my whole thing was that I wasn't sure how some people would feel about people wanting to get money together to buy me a camera something like what others had bought for themselves!  But then again I don't charge for the show pictures and the photo shoots I have done for people were so cheap I was basically doing them for nothing.

In 2008, I went to 60 shows and took a total of 6,870 pictures.  In 2009, I went to 41 shows and took 3,832 pictures!!  And so far in 2010, I have gone to 37 shows and took 4,396 pictures.  Not to mention the 11 photo shoots and other events I have done and taken 539 pictures for those.  Of those 11, I got paid for 3!   That is a total of  15,637 pictures in 2 and a half years.

So Tay took up a collection at her Purple and Green Event on August 18th.  She collected $61.  I was appreciative of it because I wasn't expecting anyone to give but a $1 or $2.  I wasn't expecting anything for real!  I was just happy that Tay cared enough about what I love and what I do to even try!

So Tay, thank you for all that you do, have done and will do in this music business!  That's why when out of town artists ask me about shows I send them your way.

I love ya Tay Tay!!!







No comments: