The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mortal Combat Round 1 11-1-10

Well, well, well....Monday night was very interesting.  It was the first round of the Mortal Combat competition which I believe at the end of one person will be able to claim best in battling in the city.  I have never been to an MC battle until Shaka started having the Pit Fights and the more that I attend, the more I am seeing how rules seem to vary from "league" to "league".

As a member of the "scene" in the aspect of a fan and spectator, I tend to watch those around me.  With the combining of Baltimore Battles and Pit Fights I have often compared the two as full grown pitbulls and pitbull puppies.  Why that comparison??  Let's see if I can do this without pissing too many off!!  The Pit Fight fighters are more seasoned and more level headed like a pitbull who is over the age of 3 where as the Baltimore Battle fighters are like puppies who have no self control or manners.  I'm not even talking about the age as much as the ability in being able to battle someone and keep focused.  Hell Apex is the youngest and that young man has control and self awareness about himself.  That's training and respect for the battle game.

Anyway, on to Mortal Combat.

I was impressed by some and disappointed by others!  There were times when lines were said and I thought did he even research who he was going up against?  There were a few forgotten lines and a few tongue tied moments.  There were a round or two that I was thinking uhmmmm who is watching the time?  That minute seems to be going on forever.  But all in all it was a really good event with a really good turnout.

I want to say congratulations to P.T., Apex, J-Law, Smirf, and Odub.  The next round you all will have to come harder.  It's not going to get easier.  The next round looks like this.....


rio (1) vs j law (6)
pt (2)vs odub (5)
apex (3) vs et (7)
jo spade (4) vs smirf (8)

There have been alot of predictions about who is going to win in the next rounds and who is going to take the whole thing!  I can't even call it but I would like to see J-Law vs Apex.  I love Apex and think he is a fantastic battle rapper but J-Law impressed the hell out of me on Monday!  Why???  He was in the middle of his round and Goon said something and he incorporated it into his battle!  Someone behind him said something and he incorporated it in his battle!  He didn't let it throw him off track!  You have to be able to handle things being thrown at you from the crowd or be able to block the crowd out.  Just look at some of the pictures that were taken and you can see how focused he was!  

So congratulations to those who won.  To those who took the loss, it is what it is!  And I read that it was a popularity contest.....uhmmm no it wasn't!  You lost so just take the L and just because people came up to you after and said they thought you won doesn't make it so.  If I was a judge I would have agreed with the other judges.  It is what it is.  

On to the next round!!
ODUB


P.T.

SMIRF

APEX

No comments: