The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ogun - In My Spare Time


Ok!  Now I finally got a chance to listen to Ogun's latest cd.  There were a couple songs that I was already familiar with being that I am a fan of Ogun and I have been to a few of his performances.  "I'm Great" that is produced by Marc Boone is to me a great track.  One of those tracks that is commercial without being commercial if that makes sense.  Another song that I was feeling was Stardom featuring Street Scott.  The lyrics as well as the beat and vibe was one of those songs that you can just kind sit back and close your eyes and just feel.

I have always thought of Ogun as a motivational artist.  While he has songs on here that are gritty, forgive the pun, they are believable as well.  There are too many people who rap about busting someone's head and you just look at them and say to yourself, who the hell are you busting??  LOL

The first song on the whole cd is called "How Do You Think I Feel".  I can feel the emotion in the lyrics and how pissed off he feels about the bullshit that had been said.  And to go along with that "Why You Acting" featuring Goon kinda goes along with that concept of nonsense talking.

Alright now what would Bmore's Hero be without a Baltimore song??  Well he has one!  "That B" is a Baltimore song for sure..  Shouting out neighborhoods and streets that everyone can listen and say hey that's my hood!  He is repping the whole city.  Not just east or west but all over.

Ogun as a few features on this cd.  One is Bakerman Blue.  He is on the song "Alien".  Everything I have heard him on I have been impressed.  The song isn't bad either.

Now I said that I always think of Ogun being a motivational artist and I was not disappointed.  The last track "Keep Pushing" was a very Ogun track and I'm glad he closed out the cd with that song!!

I'm not going to give my opinion on every single song!  You need to go cop the cd from Ogun for $5 and get that hardcopy and listen for yourself.

All in all I like the cd.  There are a couple tracks that I was just not feeling for whatever reason.  I am going to go back and listen through again at another time and see if the feeling changes.  Of course maybe I'm just comparing Ogun's "Checkmate" cd which I loved all the tracks but one.  :)  Not everyone is going to feel every track.

So if you haven't gotten it yet, then go get it.  Give it a listen.  Plus this is Ogun.  He is a veteran in this game and has alot of knowledge and some of you rappers who want to be artists need to get with the veterans and take some lessons!!

No comments: