The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Friday, January 4, 2013

Local "Beef".....is it worth it??




Let's talk beef and no I'm not talking t-bones and steak I'm talking this nonsense I have been seeing alot of in the Baltimore scene!  I mean beef is apart of the hip hop culture!  Just look back at LL Cool J and Canibus, Boogie Down Productions and Juice Crew, NWA and Ice Cube, Eazy E and Dr. Dre, Benzino and Emienem, LL and Kool Moe Dee, Jay-Z and Nas, Biggie and Pac...... and the list goes on and on!!  But what alot of people fail to realize is that if you gonna start "in wax" some people won't leave it "on wax"!!  Some of these rappers are really "about that life" as they all like to remind us!

Now to me the whole beef situation is ridiculous.  Especially in the local scene.  To me it's just a way of getting your name and your music heard!  9 times out of 10 there is no real issue or "beef".  No one had words face to face and it is usually something that was said to someone who told someone who told someone else!  Or it was a moment of trying to look tough and save face in a comment on Facebook or on Twitter!  Let's be honest.....why is anyone really hating on anyone in this scene??  Well I mean there are those who just like drama, feel low about the fact they aren't getting the shine they think they deserve, or they are just weak minded and need to grow the hell up!

The beef that I hate the most is the females!!  Oh my goodness!!!  It's already tough enough to be a female and be taken seriously enough in music.  Most of the females think they have to fit that Nicki or Lil Kim image when all I want them to do if be MC Lyte or Queen Latifah or hell even Roxanne Shante'!!! I'm talking women with bars.  Not women with bars but half ass dressed on stage or in videos trying to get people to listen to their music and watch their videos!  I see it all too often.  I have watched females who have done shows and looked nice or were wearing their tennis or boots then someone gets in their ear and they are wearing short skirts and stilettos and can't move around on stage!!  No one is listening to your bars except maybe me or a couple others!!  You females need to get it together!  I mean you aren't going to like one another and guess what????  THERE DOESN'T NEED TO BE JUST ONE FEMALE ARTIST!!!!   These men have you brainwashed that you can't share the limelight with other females!!

Another aspect of this "beef" situation is subliminal FB statuses.  Now everyone is guilty of putting something out there with no name!  Sometimes you have to because you don't want anyone chiming in or "having your back" because you don't fuck with someone!  Hell I don't fuck with a few people and believe it out not people are still shocked when they ask me about them and I say I don't fuck with them!!  First thing they say is oh I don't be on FB like that!  LOL  I didn't put it on FB like that!  But I see it all the time!  Joe Blow isn't cool with Buddy Lo and then Joe's people are steady writing stuff about Buddy without saying his name and then Buddy is writing about Joe and then Buddy's people start in!  SMH  You have all the time in the world to write bullshit you need to be in the studio or at a job occupying your mind!  It's really not even worth the time or effort.  If you truly have an issue with someone then tell them what it is and either resolve it or don't fuck with them!  LOL  Seriously, when do you cross pathes???  FB statuses???  Half of you don't even cross one another at shows!  Either you aren't doing shows or you don't run in the same circles!  Get over it!!

I wasn't going to waste my time on this but it's just crazy that locally people are doing all this and want to be taken seriously by A&R's and record companies or even artists.  I'm here to tell you that you will be labeled as trouble, not worth the time or effort and they don't have time to be spending money on cleaning up your messes.  Everyone wants to be 50 Cent!  Well I'm sorry to tell you that instead of trying to be someone who is already established try being someone different!  The internet is full of wanna be's!!  You see how many rappers there are just in Baltimore City???  New ones coming out every day!!  Now look at the US alone and how many cities and little towns there are!!  Yeah there are millions of people trying to do the same thing you are trying to do!!  There are even more in other countries!!

But this "beef" nonsense I have been seeing is crazy!  I mean I'm not mad at those who responded because yeah I would too!  Especially when you didn't know there was an issue and all of a sudden someone is talking hella shit about you or writing a diss song or writing stuff on FB.  I say address it and move the hell on because they are just bored with their life or they love drama and it's not worth all that going back and forth! Want to end it all???  Approach them with some videoing it and ask them is there a problem, what it is and what they want to do to move on.  That way there can't be no nonsense that you said this or that or they didn't say this or that!

So is the beef really that serious??  I doubt it!!  Jealousy because they aren't getting recognized or they feel some kinda way about your shine....I'm not gonna say they are "hatin" because everyone wants to say that everyone is hating on them and its really not true!!  But there is some kind of drama they have built up in there heads.

So I'm telling you now that I'm not going to participate in the nonsense because you all look like fools to me going back and forth, sending shots at one another in statuses and tweets.  Hell I got told that it seemed like someone was taking a shot at me in a song!  LOL  Oh well, they didn't say my name but the whole Paparazzi thing makes people think about me I guess!!  Its cool!!  I really don't care because for real they aren't making any money and I'm about to do some things to hopefully help my pockets!!

Baltimore.....before you engage in the fuckery think about what you really want to do with your music career.  Think about is it really worth your time to sit on the internet talking hella shit??? Because I'm telling you for myself that I don't have to do anything to anyone who is "beefing" with me.  There are too many who have not a care in the world to take that internet mess to the street.  Some of you forget that.  So if you want to be a Facebook gangsta, a Twitter thug and sit behind your keyboard the only thing I can tell you is one day someone will approach you in the street, someone will tell where you live and someone will not listen that you weren't talking about so and so.  Every day someone loses their life in this city.

Music is a business!!!  Treat it as such!!  Let's get money people!!  Let's get distribution!!!  Let's get some fans!!!  Leave all that beef mess to the idiots!!!



No comments: