The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chin Yer's CD "Personal"

Chin Yer


I can not tell you the first time I met Chin Yer, the first time I heard her sing or the first time I realized that she sang!  What I can tell you is that this lady has the best personality and kindest heart of anyone I have met in my time in the Baltimore Scene.  A little bit of what she does: 

Founder/Director of THE BALTIMORE SCENE NETWORKING PROMOTION TEAM & Baltimore Beat Academy-the creator/primary 
sponsor/promoter of a bunch of events in the city (competitions, shows, battles, etc) including The Masters 08, 09, 10, 11, Word War(s) Word War 1, 2, 3, 4, The Baltimore Crown Underground Awards 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, and 12.

Battle & Competition organizer/judge, Event Producer, Event Host

Vice President of the Mid Atlantic Battle Association







Now this blog is about her cd that she just released and I have had the honor and privilege to have a copy and to have listened to it over and over.  LOL   Of course one of my favorite songs that I have heard Chin Yer perform is "Whipping Post".  I listen to this track at least once if not twice a day while in the car.  Her voice is so hypnotic and soulful that you can't help but find yourself transported into your thoughts!  Also on the cd is a song called "Ok Ok" which when I first heard it I felt like every woman I know needs to hear this and really hold on to it.  



She also did to songs that I'm familiar with and she did what most people don't do.  Chin Yer recorded Aerosmith's 'Dream On" and Aretha Franklin's "Killing Me Softly" and she did them her way.  She didn't do sing them to try and sound like Tyler Perry or Aretha Franklin!  She did them to sound like Chin Yer and did a very good job!! Of course that is just my opinion and my thoughts about her and her wonderful voice.



You can be your own judge by going to www.youtube.com/chinyermusic and seeing her music or by buying a copy of her cd and listening to it for yourself.  A guarantee you will not be disappointed and may even find your own favorite song by her!

www.chin-yer.com
www.facebook.com/chinyer
www.reverbnation.com/chinyer
www.soundcloud.com/chinyer


No comments: