The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Monday, December 27, 2010

Almost The End of 2010......

Well it's almost the end of yet another year and alot has happened in the past 12 months!  Some good and some not!  But there has been alot that hasn't changed in this Baltimore music scene!  And probably never will.

This past year it seemed like rappers just came outta no where and they all were the same!  I'm the best because my homeboy said I spit hot shit!  I'm the best because everyone in my crew tells me so!  I'm the king of the city!!  I'm taking over the city!!!  SMH  They all sound the same and all rapping about the same thing!  I'm so hood! I'm busting off shots!! I'm so tough and will beat your ass.....blah blah blah!!  I was at a show at the Black Hole one night and no lie two acts that went on back to back sounded the exact same to me!  They were rapping about the same things in all their songs and if I gotta hear that everyone has SWAG I'm gonna fucking scream!!!

I wish everyone would leave 92Q alone and stop watching MTV and BET!! Try and be original!  Too many females trying to be Nicki Minaj and too many of the males trying to be Jeezy, Rick Ross and who the hell ever is hot right now!

Oh and when you take an industry beat and put your words to it.....please make it original!  Because just switching up words that rhyme with the original isn't working for me.  You have to take that beat and make it your own!  I want to be able to hear only your words when I hear the original song!  Not many are doing that for me at all!!

This year I got to see how much of these tough talking men are really just bitches with dicks!  How you get on FB and Twitter talking shit about people being on FB and Twitter talking shit?????  Did I miss the memo that stated that only you can be so thuggish on the net and it is ok???  Did I miss where it says that you are the supreme ruler of bitchness??  Yeah I think I did!  Because you need to be crowned that for real!  Fukkas on FB talking hella shit but once they see you face to face it's nothing.  Just stop being so tough!  You can't pull it off and most of you I know how you used to get your ass beat up!

Another thing that I got to see this year.....feminine ass men!  Gossiping like they are on the porch with Aunt Hazel and Cousin Gertrude!!  Talking shit because they got their feelings hurt!  Boo hoo and crying because a female don't want to fuck with them but whole time they fucking with someone else.  Get a fucking life!!  I tried to tell you all that EVERYTHING you say gets back to people!  Then when confronted you are sitting there looking like a deer in headlights not know if you can tell the truth that you are really a bitch or if you should lie like you usually do!  Grow some balls!!  Stop gossiping like a bitch!!

OK now this is going to hit a few of you to your heart and really it don't matter!  YOU ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT AS YOU THINK!!!  Too many of you are going around on this ladder looking down on everyone else!  You swear you are the most important person in this scene!  Well guess what??  You aren't!  Yeah you are a major player but the most important people in this scene will be the fans!!  Oh but that's right most of you don't have fans!!  You have friends who listen to your music.  You sitting there thinking that you should get some special treatment because of who you are!  Hell I think I should but I really don't!  There are 3 promoters in this city who really look out for me!  And in return I look out for them in promoting their shows and taking pictures at their events!  And writing about certain things!  But other than that, all other shows I have had to pay to get in.

So what good has changed??  Well alot of people have stepped their game up!  I'm hearing better lyrics and seeing better videos!!  Shows are getting better slowly!  One day promoters will stop trying to put 25 acts on one show!  That's just bullshit and being greedy trying to get money!  All that does is make me not want to come to your shows anymore!  Shows never start on time and then you trying to push people back and I have seen where they just haven't let people perform because it was too late!  SMH  That's some real bullshit right there!

Something else that "started" up this year was the battle leagues!  Now when I first started going to the Pit Fights and then the Grind Time battles, I was really impressed!  The lines were slick and the guys were going in with their lines!  They were seasoned and trained.  Then I seen these others and was like they reminded me of puppies who need to be disciplined and trained!  I'm hoping that for their own sake they learn from the veterans!!

We had a couple "disses" come out this year that made a buzz!  Yes the Shy "Where Keys At?" diss is at the top of that list.  This was a diss that came about because Keys was making some wild claims.  Anything from claiming she dissed Nicki Minaj because she didn't have that positive image for girls to that females in Baltimore weren't on her level and she wasn't doing any collabs with them.  Now why did Shy diss her?  LOL Well let's see, not because of the Nicki Minaj comment because who cares.  It was the whole female rappers in the city weren't on her level and the comment that Keys posted on the comment section of the City paper when she stated to Al Shipley how you gonna compare me to these wack bitches...talking about Ms Stress and Shy.  Shy addressed it in the song but of course people don't listen to lyrics.  Anyway, that got a buzz.

Another "diss" that came out was Bossman and Wale!  Now this was some stupid shit if you ask me!  You didn't ask me??  I don't care because I'm still giving my opinion!  Bossman dissed Wale because why?  He went to speak to him or shake his hand or what ever and Wale ignored him????  How many fucking times has Bossman did that to people in his own city??  Every time I see him!  He stares at me and never speaks!  He did the same thing to Shy one time at Sonar until someone said who she was!  How you gonna get mad at someone for treating you how you treat everyone else!  That's a case of thinking you are important!  Now he is shouting out the DMV???  Since when????  That man has always been about himself!

The funniest disses are from Tigah Man!!  I don't know who he is but he is hilarious!!  And he seems to know alot about Travy!!!  Oh sorry, Bossman!

Now alot of people have been asking me about reviewing their cds and hand me there cds or hit me with links!  Especially in this last month and that's not good!  I have been working my ass off and for me to listen to your cd and give you a review, I need to concentrate on the whole thing and not be disturbed. And that just ain't happening right now.  I will get to them as soon as I can.

Well the end is near and a new year is about to start!  My advice to you all is this.....start paying for beats, videos and studio time!  Start paying for artwork and cd production!  And at the same time those who offer those services, stop trying to rape pockets!!  Just because it costs more doesn't mean it is better!  And some of you "business" people need to start making contracts and having people sign that shit!  A handshake don't always work with people in this city!  People forget that they tell you that they aren't going to charge you for something or they get pissed off at you and say they never said this or that!  Contracts.....legal and binding!!

Well I can't wait to see what 2011 holds!  I am hoping it will mean more shows out of town, paid for my services and hopefully Baltimore rappers getting a clue!  Because the Baltimore artists are on a mission with their music!!

If I have offended you or you felt like I was talking or referring to you in any of the words I have written, I probably was.  If you feel like you want to say something to me, go ahead but you might not want me to respond back.  Especially if I know any skeletons that you are hiding in your closet!

May 2011 be a prosperous New Year and maybe we can weed out these wack rappers from our scene!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was lonnnnnnnng!!! j/k, I'm long winded myself, Interesting read, though, I wasn't up on Tagah Man, but now I'm going to do some research.

But anyway, I hope 2011 does bring some more recognition to the artists that have worked hard and made great music. And yes, 2010 was a step up in the techno-age as far as beats/video production/artwork, I'd just like to see it continue to improve and all those with albums on the way since the 90s finally drop one, lol. Happy new Year!