The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

KAGE: PRIME TIME






Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the passing of Keith Gugliotta Jr aka Kage.  I was told about Kage by my friend and local scene dj  DJ Rome.  I remember him telling me about Kage but was never introduced to him but I believe I had seen him out at shows when I first came on the scene.

Last year when I heard the news of his passing I was saddened for many reasons!  One December 7th is also my birthday, two, he was so young and three he has a beautiful family who cared and loved him along with 3 very young children.  He was one of those guys who was working hard on his music and had the drive to push  his music.

 

So yesterday after months trying to get the song played at M&T Stadium and 98 Rock having a contest and it catching their ears and eyes, the Ravens front office agreed to play the song and video in the stadium.  Now the Ravens front office said that they couldn't use the song during the games for whatever reasons.  But I am hoping that the more people that promote this song and keep pushing, hopefully the powers that be will use this song as a theme to get the crowd and the team pumped.

There have been alot of Ravens songs being made and I commend everyone on their love for the game, music and for the Ravens but this song right here gives me goose bumps every time I hear it.  Kage wrote this close to a year and a half ago and I don't think he knew what impact it would have on people!  Then again maybe he did!

R.I.P. Kage   You are far from forgotten and the outpour of love and friendship that I seen with my own eyes yesterday showed me that.  Through your music your children will be able to hear your voice and your messages.  I know that you were there in that stadium as they played your song.  Even I could feel that!

So I will continue to push this song!  I will continue to pass it along to the Ravens players.  I will continue to do my part.  I know his dream was to get his song played at the stadium but I want to see the song played during home games!  The least the Ravens camp can do is buy the song or at least play the song so many times during the game and for every time they play it, put money in a college fund for Kage's children!  That's just my thought!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kage-Prime-Time/121835761205456

No comments: