The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pettiness At It's Finest????

Ok I want to address this situation that has really in a way pissed me off and it made me laugh all at the same time!  Ok where do I start!  Hmmm I guess I should start with the beginning!


On Dec 8th my girl Tay Tay of TayLand Promotions posted a stat message letting people know that she no longer worked at Club Reality.


My response:   This makes me very very sad!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed and keep you in my prayers that something better happens and soon!! Love you Tay Tay!!


Tay's response:  Thank u Lisa, I still got Sonar anyways, its not like i dont have choices, i'm just going to be more careful this go round in choosing where i go. LOVE YOU! I look at it this way, now i can promote heavier and go to shows!!


My response:  :) this is true!! I'm not sure if CR realizes that they are going to lose business or not. I know alot of people went there on the strength of you! :)


Now with that all posted and said, I get to Club Reality for the Keith Murray show and be told that because I co-signed with Tay Tay on her stat message I was taken off the guest list!  LMAOOO What???  Co-Signed????  That's a co-sign by saying that??  Get the fuck out of here!!  


Let's see if I can't put some pieces together here!!!  I NEVER went to that spot UNTIL Tay Tay started throwing shows there!  I know alot of people never stepped foot in the building until Tay Tay started working and throwing shows there.  So how am I co-signing with anything she said except that now she can promote heavier and go to shows?????  And to that I said this is true! Get the fuck outta here with that!!


Now I paid my $20 to get in because I had already wasted my gas to go all the way out Washington Blvd from Loch Raven and  I wanted to see Dirt Platoon, Ty Gudda, Wyzae and of course Keith Murray perform.  But the thing is this, I really don't want to give my business to a place that acts like that over something as petty as that!


Now I know what some will say, Lisa they ain't worried about if you never step foot back in there.  This is very true!  But what about others who feel the same as I do??  Now people have to watch what they say because freedom of speech and freedom of opinions don't apply???  LOL  Just think about how you conduct business.  How long was Club Reality open before I stepped foot in there????  Awhile!!


But like I always say it is what it is.  You are running a business!  Now if I had said that it was real fucked up that they treated Tay like that and that's some bullshit and just talked bad about them, then ok I can see how they would want to take me off the guest list that DIRT PLATOON had me on but because the club was helping put on the show, they took me off.  I don't even care now.  But the principle of it all is that they didn't like what I said on Tay's stat about her having a hand in a good portion of the business that they do.  Sorry about their feelings but it's the truth from my stand point.


I don't know how anyone else feels about that and I really am not asking anyone to co-sign with me!  Watch out because you might be black listed and not be able to get on any guest lists or whatever!    I have taken pictures at that club and promoted shows and all that.  But that's cool.  


So any promoters that are doing shows there just know that I won't be there!  Sorry and I love what I do!  I love taking pictures and writing about shows but I have freedom of speech and the right to say and feel how I feel.  Just like they have the right not to serve I have the right to not give them my business or press.  I'm doing too much with this as it is but I think that it was pretty petty to be told I'm good at the door and then I get there and be told this bullshit!  LOL  


So it's not a big deal but at the end of the day, pettiness is pettiness!  And if I wanted to be the usual asshole that I am, I could be and say negative things about them but I'm not even going to go that route.  


So the moral of the story is.....hell I don't know if there is one.  But as a photographer who has been asked to come to shows to take pictures of the event or an artist who is performing and wants me to come take pictures, this kind of thing kinda interferes.  And if I do step foot in that spot again it won't be my money supporting them at all!  





6 comments:

BUCK JONES INTERNET RADIO SHOW said...

OH SO TRUE THATS CRAZY A SMALL VENUE SUCH AS REALITY SHOULDNT GO WITH THE ARROGANT MOVE THAT WAY ONE PERSON CAN MAKE 50 SAY MAN THAT PLACE AINT WHAT IT IS I MEAN ITS ALOT OF VENUES THAT PEOPLE DONT PATRONIZE BECAUSE OF CLIENTELE LOCATION ACCESSIBLITY SO YOUR OPINION DOES MATTER TO THOSE WHO SEE YOU AS A FAN AND A FRIEND OF MOST OF THE SCENE AND IF THEY DONT SEE IT THAT WAY THEN ITS A CRYING SHAME ILL SUPPORT THIS 200% AND WONT CARE WHO BLACKBALL OR BLACKLIST ME CAUSE IM NEVER ARROGANT BUT LIKE YOU SAID LISA IT GOES FOR PROMOTERS ARTISTS DJ'S HOSTS CLUB OWNERS SECURITY PERSONNEL THOSE WHO MATTER ON THE SCENE BUT ONCE AGAIN GOOD CHOICES OF WORDS NO MATTER HOW YOU PUT IT THAT CO SIGN SHIT SOUND LIKE A BUNCH BITCHERY NOT TOMFOOLERY WAIT I MEAN BITCHASSNESS
IM DONE

Liezel127 The Baltimore Paparazzi said...

Thank you Buck! I mean I took a couple days to write it and really think about! I was also told that they expected a bigger crowd and when they didn't get it they wouldn't let people have anyone on their guest list! Only the people performing! Like I said I understand business, hell I studied that shit and I have ran to many businesses but at the same time if I let you come in on the guest list and you are promoting my event and you bring other people or because you are going to be there others come on the strength of you then why would I pull some shit like that? So you don't pay $5 or $10 to come in BUT 5 others that came with you or came on the strength of you paid and they buying drinks at the bar!!! But it is all good! What's done is done and like I said they don't have to worry about me or my money.

Thanks again Buck! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...were do i start...lls..lets see----point blank is tay tay is the reason why many of us frequent club reality,,n i have homeboys who do security there..n a homegirl who has a weekly event there..but before tay tay started throwing events there i wasnt there,now i frequent damn near 3 times a week sometimes..i get no special treatment n i could give a fuck about a guest list anywhere,,thats jus me..ive had the v.i.p status before n it got me no where so ffuck thay..now i dnt know the specifics of why tay is no lnger employed but i do know..letting tay leave can stop alot of business for them,,exspecially if she wants to be a "bitch" n actually throw "boycott" out there to the artistic community....she keeps alot of us there....even when were not performing..tay shows us luv by speaking to us..hugging us....and etc...shes so much more then a promoter..shes actually a great host n bartender too..@lisa man say whatever the fuck u want luv....freedom of speech exhist n my book...imma say whatever i want whenever i want !!!sincerly ty gudda

ty gudda said...

Hmmmm...were do i start...lls..lets see----point blank is tay tay is the reason why many of us frequent club reality,,n i have homeboys who do security there..n a homegirl who has a weekly event there..but before tay tay started throwing events there i wasnt there,now i frequent damn near 3 times a week sometimes..i get no special treatment n i could give a fuck about a guest list anywhere,,thats jus me..ive had the v.i.p status before n it got me no where so ffuck thay..now i dnt know the specifics of why tay is no lnger employed but i do know..letting tay leave can stop alot of business for them,,exspecially if she wants to be a "bitch" n actually throw "boycott" out there to the artistic community....she keeps alot of us there....even when were not performing..tay shows us luv by speaking to us..hugging us....and etc...shes so much more then a promoter..shes actually a great host n bartender too..@lisa man say whatever the fuck u want luv....freedom of speech exhist n my book...imma say whatever i want whenever i want ..n i have nk hard feelings towards the club cuz like i said im there now even on days tay is off.....but facts is facts!!sincerly ty gudda

Liezel127 The Baltimore Paparazzi said...

Thank you Ty! And as for Tay Tay not working there I don't know all the ins and outs either! All I know is what she had said in her comments. But to me this situation was so petty and childish. I had hit up someone about buying my ticket and was told I was good. I get there and it's a different story! I was willing to pay. But now....nevermind! I'm not going to support a venue that does something like this. LOL

Anonymous said...

yeah thats some bullshit, people need to realize who's who in the scene, especially people writing about your events and your club and hook it the fuck up instead of making $20. fuck that spot anyway.