The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Alfamega In Baltimore!!!


So I get a call from my girl Lena on Thursday.  As I'm talking to her she is telling me that Alfamega is going to be at Shaka Pitt's Studio on Friday and wanted to know if I would come and take pictures of him and everyone who was going to be there!  I said of course!  I like his music.  She put him on the phone and he and I spoke for a little bit.  Really nice guy.  I couldn't wait to meet him.

So Thursday I go to Spitter's Club Studio and meet Alfamega.  They were listening to some music that he had recorded for his album.  I must say that everything I heard was great!  He had some collabs that just blew my mind.  Every song I heard I was loving.  From the beats to the lyrics, it was all just great.  Everyone that was there was definitely feeling the music.

I was there for like 7 hours just chilling, taking pictures and listening to Alfamega answer questions about the incident that basically made him infamous.  As I am listening to him talk about it, I am really understanding that people listen to the media and take everything as the truth and law that they hear.  Not realizing that people have apologized and things have been squashed but people who have nothing to do with the situation are still holding on to something they really had nothing to do with.  So is the way of the world.


I don't know how anybody else felt about meeting Alfamega, and I can only speak for myself.  I think that this man is a nice guy.  He was cool about meeting and talking to everyone.  His music was on point.  As I was listening to one of the tracks that Shaka was working on, it was very moving and emotional.  I can't wait to hear the album when it's done.


Regardless of personal opinions, closed mind opinions, or whatever, I meet the man and I got to hear his music.  I like his music.  I know local artists who aren't as nice or willing to talk to people like this man did on Thursday.  Down to Earth comes to mind.

Shout out to Shaka Pitts, Apex, Lenwood, Miss Cream, Lena, Davon, the two guys I never got their names, and everyone that came through.

No comments: