The Baltimore Paparazzi

The Baltimore Paparazzi

Saturday, December 29, 2012

I Am My Own Boss.....

This blog is gonna be a little different then others I have written!  This one is more about me than the local scene of music here in Baltimore!

I have been doing this whatever I have been doing for a while now!  I don't get paid for the things I do with the exception of the coverage of Wisdom Court events.....I do get paid for that!  But all the other stuff I do like coming to shows and taking pictures, having people tap me and want me to take pictures of them and their homeboys, the advice I give and the constant contacts and connections I give.....that stuff I don't get paid for or even offered a $1.

With that being said, I have had so many tell me that I should be doing this and that or I shouldn't be dealing with this person or that person!  All I can do is smile and say ok to whatever all these people are saying!  I am always on my game.  I may not be getting money and ballin or whatever but the things I do I like to do and I am my OWN boss!!  I don't have to deal with anyone else's beef or issues but my own!  I get along with alot of people and I like that!  I don't like drama of my own so why in the holy hell would I want to get mixed up in yours or anyone else's???

With people that I don't get along with or I don't like, I don't make anyone choose sides or tell anyone they can't be cool with them.  I let them deal with that person on their own.  I DON'T DO DRAMA!!  There are plenty of people I don't like in this city but guess what......I stay away from them.  And if I do have to be in the event with them, I ignore them and continue to have fun and party.

I got twisted up in drama because of certain people this past year!  I thought I was being a good friend!!  Turns out that they didn't know what the meaning of real friendship was and let's just say those 2 negative forces are out of my world and system.  Since they are gone I am truly blessed and better off!  My spirit and soul felt refreshed and a positive surge went through me that I hadn't felt in years!!  Amazing that people can effect you in that way!

Now back to the topic.....I appreciate everyone wanting me to come work with them and giving me their opinion of those around me but I don't want to work for anyone.  I have always been Lisa The Baltimore Paparazzi!  I have always done my thing with no one telling me what to do, who to like, who not to like and I like being like this!!  Yes I technically work for Wisdom Court but there again I am my own boss when it comes to that as well!  I am the official photographer for the shows but I can shot who I want.  LOL  It's that I'm my own boss thing that Billy gave me when I agreed!!  It's business!!!

Now in the upcoming year I'm hopefully going to be working on some things that will get me paid!  LOL  We all want to be paid for what we do!!  Once I get some things taken care of, I will be talking to some people to help me get on track and who will advise me what I need to do in order for that to happen!  People who are already in the business of what I am looking into!  I'm not gonna say exactly what it is but everything I do has been to help others!  Now it's time to help myself as well!


No comments: